Thursday, 6 October 2016

Art of the Title

Art of the Title is a website that has loads of title sequences from a various amount of films. This is extremely useful for me because we are making a two minute film opening the title sequence always comes within the first two minutes of a film. Therefore, as my group and I are going to have to include a title sequence this is the perfect website to get some ideas and inspiration for our own two minute film opening.

The Affair
This tittle sequence strikes me because they have used such mundane items and actions, yet they all come together to produce a wonderful opening. It's simple yet effective and its the simplicity in this sequence that I think my group could bring into our two minute film opening.

http://www.artofthetitle.com/title/the-affair/


Boardwalk Empire
This title sequence has a range of various shots, camera and editing techniques which when put together have created a sequence which flows perfectly. Their use of shots and techniques are something I think my group could benefit from learning from and/or including in our own film opening.



http://www.artofthetitle.com/title/boardwalk-empire/

Napoleon Dynamite
This title sequence is extremely simple and easy to recreate, but in a way I think that is what makes it unique and successful. This could potentially be the basis or our groups title sequence but with our own spin on it to make it unique and more relative to our chosen genre.
http://www.artofthetitle.com/title/napoleon-dynamite/

The Night Of
I chose this title sequence because I like the way the titles were in simple basic font but the way the appeared and disappeared matched perfectly with the action going on in the scene and the camera movement. For example if the camera produced a pan shot the writing would come on and leave in the same direction as the camera was moving. I think this title sequence would be good to take inspiration from.



















http://www.artofthetitle.com/title/the-night-of/

You've Got Mail
This title sequence intrigues me because the way they've established the film using the idea on what the rest of the film is about. The sequence starts animated and then switches to real life, this is mainly because the film is based on two people emailing and not yet meting in real life. I really like the way they have managed to incorporate the basis of the film within the title sequence but still leaving the audience with multiple questions.
 http://www.artofthetitle.com/title/youve-got-mail/

No comments:

Post a Comment