In the preliminary exercise for my AS Media Studies course I must produce a video including three different types techniques. These are match on action, shot/reverse shot and 180-degree rule. Therefore I decided to do some research on them and here is what I found.
Match on Action
This is an editing technique where one shot cuts into another which matches the first shots action creating the impression of a sense of continuity. Below is an example of this.
Shot/Reverse Shot
This is a film technique where one character is shown looking at another character, and then the other character is shown looking back at the first character. Below is an example of this.
The 180-Degree Rule
This is that the angle between two consecutive shots should not exceed 180 degrees, in order to maintain dimensional relationships between characters or objects in any sequence of shots. The diagram below is an example of how the filming should take place when taking into account the 180 degree rule.

No comments:
Post a Comment